Delhi: Tired of good morning messages and memes taking up valuable storage space? Here’s how you can delete WhatsApp media like images, videos and files using built-in tools. While there are many advantages to using WhatsApp, there are times when you just wish the good morning messages or memes would disappear. Even though you may ignore them, these images and videos are often automatically downloaded and eat up a significant portion of our device storage over time.
Built-in storage tools make things easier
It is a tough job especially for those who are part of many groups or receive lots of media like photos, videos, files and other things from many people. Thankfully, WhatsApp comes with a built-in storage tool that lets you identify which chats are taking up how much storage and lets you sort files by size. Here’s how you can free up WhatsApp storage space on your device.
read this also
- Open WhatsApp and go to the ‘Chats’ tab. Now tap on ‘More Options’ and go to ‘Settings’.
- Now tap on ‘Storage & Data’ and find the option ‘Manage Storage’.
- Here at the top you will find messages that have been forwarded multiple times. Below this you will do ‘files larger than 5 MB’.
- Tapping on the above sections will give you the option to select and delete them one by one or you can select and delete all of them.
- To delete, select all the items you want to delete first and tap on the delete icon appearing on the top right side of the app.
- You can also delete items from chats using the search feature. To do this, go to the Chats section and tap on Photos, Videos and Documents. Find the item you want to delete, tap on More and proceed to hit the Delete button.