Nemat Shafik is going to take over as the president of Columbia University in America on July 1. He has created history by being nominated for this post.
Image Credit source: AFP
America’s prestigious Columbia University has nominated Nemak Shafiq as its president. In this way, the long-running search for the post of the university’s president has finally come to an end. Nemat Shafiq Lee is going to replace C. Bollinger, who announced at the end of the academic year 2022-23 that he is now going to leave this post. nemat ne Columbia University Has created history by securing the post of President. This is the first time in the 268-year history of Columbia University, when a woman has been elected its president.
Columbia University announced on Wednesday that Nemat Shafiq will be made the next president of the university. She has also been the President of the London School of Economics. In a letter to the Columbia Committee, the Board of Trustees described Nemat Shafiq as the ‘perfect candidate’. It said that she is an excellent global leader, excellent economist and community leader. In such a situation, let us know who is Nemat Shafiq, who is now going to take over as the President of Columbia University.
- Nemat Shafiq is the 20th President of Columbia University. He is an economist by profession. His career has focused on public policy and academia.
- Nemat is going to take over as the President of Columbia University on July 1. In this way, she is the first woman to reach this position in the 268-year history of the university.
- Nemat Shafiq graduated from the University of Massachusetts. After this, he obtained a post graduation degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science. Nemat has done Dphil from Oxford University.
- At the age of 36, Nemat Shafiq became the youngest Vice-President of the World Bank.
- Nemat has also served as the Deputy Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Nemat Shafiq has served and chaired several boards at the London School of Economics.
- She is currently serving as a Trustee of the British Museum, Supervisory Board of Siemens, Council of the Institute for Fiscal Studies and Economy Honors Committee.
- Nemat Shafiq has been named president of Columbia University at a time when Harvard University named Claudine Gay as its new president last month. Claudine Gay is the first black woman to reach this position at Harvard.