Delhi: Tech giant Apple is reportedly not planning to launch the fourth-generation iPhone SE next year, according to a report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, adding that the iPhone maker has informed suppliers that they will launch the iPhone SE in 2024. Plans to release the smartphone have been cancelled.
Apple has canceled plans to launch a new iPhone SE next year. The device would have featured the first Apple 5G chip 🚨
Source: Ming-Chi Kuo pic.twitter.com/9mVjLLVVkd
— Apple Hub (@theapplehub) January 7, 2023
Kuvo claimed that the tech giant intended to launch its first in-house 5G processor in the fourth-generation iPhone SE, but it is no longer expected as the device has been cancelled.
will continue to rely on Qualcomm
Instead he said that it is expected that Apple will continue to rely on Qualcomm for 5G chips in 2024, including for the iPhone 16 series. He also said that the iPhone maker has started testing the 5G chip in the iPhone SE model. planned, to ensure that real-world performance was acceptable.
read this also
Meanwhile, last month Kuo said that the company would cancel or postpone mass production of the iPhone SE 4 planned for 2024. This indicates that Apple will cancel or postpone the mass production plan for 2024 iPhone SE 4.