These 6 young players won the hearts of the veterans, the IPL opened the doors of Team India.
New Delhi, November 11: The thirteenth season of IPL (IPL 2020) is now over. Like every year, this year too, the IPL T20 cricket tournament 2020 featured many new and young players. On the one hand, many veterans had disappointed the fans due to their poor performance in this year’s matches, while on the other hand, the young players have created their own distinct identity. Not only did these players win their hearts with their game, but they also showed that they have the courage to play for the Indian cricket team. In IPL T20 cricket tournament 2020, these 6 young players have impressed everyone a lot. Find out who these young players are:
1. Ishaan Kishan (Mumbai Indians): Ishaan Kishan has been playing for Mumbai Indians for the last three years. Kishan of Bihar had built his image as an under-19 wicketkeeper-batsman. He did not get consistent opportunities from Mumbai Indians, especially after Quinton Dacock joined the team. Kishan got a chance against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2020 after Saurabh Tiwary was injured. He took the opportunity to score a powerful 99 runs. Mumbai lost the match in the Super Over, but the trend shown by Kishan while chasing the runs was felt by all. Kishan then became an integral part of the Mumbai Indians.
2. Devdutt Padikkal (Royal Challengers Bangalore): It has been a big decision for Australia opener Aaron Finch to join Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2020. In place of the usual opener Parthiv Patel, RCB gave the seat to Devdutt Padikkal along with Finch. Devdutt met all the expectations of RCB. He emerged as a strong pillar of the RCB. Padikkal has scored 473 runs in 15 matches at an average of 31.53 and a strike rate of 124.80. In the meantime, he also scored 5 fifties.
3. Priyam Garg (Sunrisers Hyderabad): India’s under-19 captain, 19-year-old Priyam Garg got fewer batting opportunities from Hyderabad. He batted in the bottom order, but he did it whenever he got the chance. In one match, Hyderabad lost 4 wickets for 69 runs against Chennai Super Kings. Priyam Garg hit 51 off 26 balls to give the team a 164-run lead. His calm and restrained play proved that he could play big innings. Priyam scored 133 runs in 14 matches in IPL T20 Cricket 2020 with an average of 14.77 and a strike rate of 119.81.
4. Abdul Samad (Sunrisers Hyderabad): Jammu and Kashmir all-rounder Abdul Samad is very talented. Former Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan has coached him. Pathan was the mentor of Jammu and Kashmir. Samad was selected by Muttiah Muralitharan. He did not disappoint the team even in the limited opportunities given to him. Samadne showed how easily he could get the ball across the border at the Abu Dhabi ground in Dubai. He showed his maturity and talent in the last over of the match against Chennai Super Kings. Veterans like Irrfan Pathan, Yuvraj Singh and Brian Lara have praised Samad. The 19-year-old Samad played 12 matches in the IPL T20 cricket tournament 2020 and scored 111 runs at an average of 22.20. His strike rate was 170.76. He has hit eight fours and six sixes this season.
5. Ravi Bishnoi (Kings XI Punjab): Another star found in the Indian under-19 cricket team is legspinner Ravi Bishnoi. Punjab showed more faith in him than Mujib-ur-Rehman and Bishnoi did not disappoint the team at all. Bishnoi showed his skills by taking three wickets against RCB. Punjab won the match by 97 runs. Bishnoi is still learning bowling tricks from Punjab head coach Anil Kumble, who has taken 12 wickets in 14 matches of the IPL T20 Cricket 2020 with an economy of 7.37.
6. Kamlesh Nagarkoti (Kolkata Knight Riders): Right-arm pacer Kamlesh Nagarkoti joined the Kolkata Knight Riders in 2018, but has missed two seasons due to injury. This year he got a chance in IPL 2020 cricket tournament 2020 in UAE. Nagarkoti justified KKR’s faith. He also got a full chance to recover from the injury. He cast a winning spell in the match against Rajasthan Royals and also caught a tough catch by Joffra Archer. Hopefully, his future will be brighter with KKR. Nagarkoti has taken 5 wickets in 10 matches of IPL T20 Cricket 2020 with an economy of 8.88.